Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gay and the bay


It was Friday morning, while I was returning from night shift, I encountered with Ashish (my friend) on parking lot. He looks sad and tired. I was not different than him. We exchanged our smiles but both of us were not happy even being at home. He proposed me to hang around on some exciting place. I was so tired and hoping to have good sleep even though I was starving to enjoy some where and to build up intimacy with nature. In America especially in Sanfrancisco, it is difficult to get a company of man, since every one will think that they are gay. We people are used to hang around with our brothers and friends but here people will not think like that. If two men will walk around every one will point out to their child that lets see the gay.

It was not difficult me to understand his hesitation. “Damn care, let’s go”. I forced him to give me company. He purposed me to take some extreme adventure. I easily agreed with him. So we started to surf on internet for hot air balloon, sky diving, helicopter sightseeing etc. But sadly all of them informed us that we need to book at least 24 hours earlier. Since the holiday season outing was busy on this time. So we finally decided to take a tour of fleet on Sanfranciso bay.



Instead of sleeping after whole night working, we were ready to drive towards Sanfranciso bay for refreshment. I was new driver for free way (high way in Nepal) since we have to maintain the speed of 70 m / hrs on 5/6 lanes wide roads. If a single step is missed we will be missed from this earth forever.

We were heading towards fisherman wharf, the down town, with Nepali music” bairod ko bato ma taxi gududai “. It was sunny and bright day. Almost afternoon, the sun was bright but not warm like in my balcony back to Nepal. I remembered my high school days while I used to study in my balcony with radish and salt. ‘Kausi”, top of my house, used to pack for tanning during winter season. I prepared high school and even college exams with my brothers and sisters in law by taking sun bath. We used to spend whole day for study either by lying or sitting on chair. Later mother used to enter with some special package of fruits to distribute us like an orange and nuts. I still remember that an orange, which I brought from Muglin was enough for week long. “Dai right linus na” (brother take a right) from Ashish awake me from the Nepalese dream in a second. I took right on Folsom road to follow the traffic which was extremely heavy on the road. Perhaps of holiday season there was difficult to get parking in bay area. Finally I got a place to park by paying $ 4 per/hr, extremely expensive but no way.

It was my first experience in the sea. So I was excited and curious too. We take the tickets for fleet on $ 23 each. While waiting on line I saw many Indian couples were standing in front of us, wearing kurtha, jacket and big boots. They were trying to kiss their husband and husband were also trying to touch their beloved ones time to time, but any one could clearly read that they were being shy and hesitating to follow the westerns. Once a husband could able to touch his wife’s check he used to feel pride and look around to announce that he made it. I was scanning some couples on similar way. When I looked back I noticed that some people were pointing us I was surprised to be scapegoat my self. Soon I realized that we were been example of gay couple. We both feel ashamed in a second but I did not take that seriously. Ashish knows that society better than me since he is senior in America than me even being junior in age. I read some shadow in his face perhaps he was regretting to be with me on that moment.



The water of the sea was blue and cold which was making waves because of the fleets movement. The fleet took a round of golden gate bridge, the giant structure and proud of Sanfranciso, with chill and fresh air. In a while, I did not feel that I am in America since I found everywhere around me were either Indian or Chinese. The person who was the captain of the ship was also Chinese- origin. There was continuous briefing about the structure like golden gate bridge, bay bride and Sanfrancisco downtown while we were approaching. The bottom line of the description I found was the contribution of Chinese immigrants to build up the Sanfrancisco bay area. I paid more attention to take pictures rather than listening the briefing. Ashish and I took several pictures on different poses and action. We were behaving as a very good friend perhaps that was more than enough to label our passenger fellow that we are the gay couple. I did not take that seriously but I found the guilty on my friends face. So he escaped from the floor . Perhaps, he was trying to prove that he is normal man not a gay, who is always interested to develop intimacy with beautiful girls.
































He expressed all of his anger while grabbing the crab. I found that crab is quiet popular food on that area eventhough, I choose the soup on the French bread to normalize my hunger. But later, I could not stop my self from grabbing the crab. It was awesome to see a live crab scanning humans’ stomach for their final destination . Once I started to follow Ashish to pull out the soft meat inside the hard cover of crab I found the taste was not so awe full which I assumed earlier, but surprisingly soft and delicious. But I was amazed to see the live crabs trapping inside a narrow box suffering and suffocating for water to be a meal of human beings. I regretted my self to be a part of hypocrite society which will never tired to give speech about animal rights.


No comments: