Popular Posts

Saturday, January 28, 2006

My wonderful weekend


This weekend was one of the wonderful weekend I ever have in my life,which I spend almost whole time playing on the snow. I realized that the snow which looks so cruel and freezing is actally not like that.This could be a great fun too.The trip was organized by our execuative director to his country house for scholars. So I was one of the team members including six other lucky fellows to take part .
All the all, the weather was also with us. The first day when we reached 130 km North from Montreal, the day was snowing heavily. So we started our day with the snow shoes to walk around.I saw a lot on hollywood movies that the people are waking on the snow .It was my time to be a hero on the ice to face the reality. Interestingly,the atsmosphere was warm . I walked a lot on the ice but later knew that was the lake..which was full of ice..soft and fresh was on the top and the hard and froozen on the bottom.I could able to walk around the whole lake...with the traditional snow shoes called racket, same like the badminton.



The most exciting part of the day was dogs sledge. All most eight dogs were tied in one rope and were pulling the man carrying on the back.One person can be passenger and one should be driver on the back, who supposed to help the dogs. "Mash" this is the word to drive the dogs.. I found the dogs were also trained to run on the ice after getting this word. This was not just a fun but it was an opportunity to face the life of people who are living in such condition. And of course it was life time experience to me. In moment I thought that I am in the Antartica and spending wildlife with those dogs. Bright day, chilly weather with unbelievable moment. The dogs were running on their way over the snow clad lake and I was busy with taking picutres and enjoying the atmosphere. First few minutes I was hesitate to walk on the ice covered lake but soon felt relaxed to do that..It was really adventure and majestic... There were almost 135 dogs to serve the people like me who wants to take such pleasure.




The next day became more exciting.. I tried skis..long blades tied with the legs was quiet difficult to walk for few minutes. My both legs were being heavy and difficult to slide over the snow . Try to slide over the snow field with the help of snow wasn't amazing ? yes it was.Absolutely it was amazing and risky too.. I tried to slide down from the small hill but loose the balance several time. So I decided to practice on the ground first. Indeed which became very wise decision...I successed to slide well ..The ice was trying to enter in my feets since both of them were on the snow and my boot were not able to control the piles of ice.. When it was in my feets I felt like that I was walking bare foot on the sharp blades for while...but soon it used to melt . This process was continuied almost half day...I noticed very late that my shocks were almost wet and paining my my feets.
I enjoyed rest of the day on sliding in vertical slope area, with the help of some plastic things .It was difficult and risk too . Hiding on the piles of snow while being slide and try to came out from the cold,fell down on the cold ice and keep on sliding ,became my task for whole day. Like a making house of sand on sea beach. Even I was not tired nor sad.I was doing that very sincerely just like a school boy doing his classwork . It was my assumption that I was so stupid to love the snow and play with it without caring anything..But, by the end of that day I met hundreds of people who came to play with the snow and escape from the crowded city,Montreal. The people who were grown up with the snow were even not seemed satisfied to enjoy by an hours , so how could I be satisfied by just few an hours ? Those people could come to enjoy there at any time on their life but I rarely got that chance on my life, who knows I could get it again or not ??? so I kept on enjoying for whole day.........

1 comment:

Jitu'cha said...

Dear Basu,

Seem like you had a blast of fun time playing with snow to full. I enjoyed a lot reading it. And to my surprise your writing is getting better. It's nice to see you catching up the flow and playing with words not just snow. Keep it up buddy.

Okay I am in quick. Will get back to soon ni.

Jitu cha.